Friday, July 22, 2011

This might be crazy but...

So this might be the craziest* idea I've ever had, but welcome to it! As impulsive and reactionary as I can sometimes be, I've actually been mulling this idea over in my head for a week or so now and I can't seem to shake it. Rather the opposite has been happening. I find not only my conviction for this project getting stronger, but more ideas splintering off from my first as my enthusiasm and excitement grows. I have gone from "is this even possible?" to "I can not wait to get started!"
The goal is this: to take all of my book knowledge and do what the bible really tells us to do, that is, to ACT justly. See, I've read a lot of books on justice - A LOT. Maybe you have too. I know a lot about a lot of what is going on in the "world" of social justice. Adoption. Orphan Care. Poverty. Brothel Rescues. Sweat Shops. Name a human rights issue and I could talk to you pretty knowledgeably about it, and more than likely I would know someone in that particular area of work. But knowledge, as we know, tends to puff up, and what I want to do more than anything is serve where needed.
What does ACTING JUSTLY look like? Where will our food, clothing, and energy needs come from? What will our giving look like? Who will I talk to to really find out what is going on on the ground level in some of places where the worst injustices on earth are taking place? You will have to stay tuned to find out. We have some ideas already, and some outlining still to do in the weeks ahead to get prepared for what is ahead of us. I am sure we will make mistakes. I am sure that at some point I will have to make an emergency stop at a store that won't fit my profile, for that is the nature of being a mom to three kids. But I also know the balance of justice is mercy, and for that I am thankful.

I welcome healthy conversation and debate in the comments section.

*For those of you that remember my idea to put a GPS tracking device and bug in my adoption dossier, you know I have had some crazy ideas in the past...

2 comments:

  1. I *LOVE* this crazy idea! Yay! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you, Rachel. You'll encourage me and my family in this I am sure.

    ReplyDelete